Newsmag is a modern WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease.
We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newsmag template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, News mag supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
A word about speed:
We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at its absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compressed to make the site load blazing fast. All the theme’s scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
The full list of features:
- Homepage – We have a lot of homepages in the main menu of the demo
- Search – Unique SEO optimized search template
- Blog index
- Author – Post count, comments count and author widget
- Category – Breadcrumbs, subcategories, and category description.
- Tag – Easy tagcloud navigation via widget
- 404 template – With latest posts
- All the blocks – Please select your block from the top. You can mix and match the ones you like. All of the content blocks support Ajax pagination and subcategories (including slides)
- Live search with Ajax and up&down keys
- One-click demo install – No more .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- Powered by Visual Composer – the most popular drag and drop page builder
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – A block changes its structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width, or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – The scripts loads a different Google AdSense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded, it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google AdSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (The header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto YouTube, DailyMotion, and Vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a YouTube URL and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically, and it will set it as a featured image. It’s very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in Review System (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in Translation support from our admin panel. No more .po and .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations. We hate po mo files
- Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
- All the global settings are available in the WordPress theme customizer with live preview
- Gif animation support – This is a beta feature.
- Google fonts – Change the fonts easy from the admin panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- 6 category templates styles
- 7 category top posts styles – each with 7 unique grid styles
- 15 custom module style (loop style)
- Custom colors
- Custom background image
- Custom sidebar + position (left, full, right)
- Unlimited sidebars – Each post, page, and category can have its own sidebar. Also, the author, search, tag, blog index templates, all have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google Analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 10 footer layouts
- Custom page builder elements:
- Custom widgets
- Popular category widget – show most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social Counter widget – shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allow you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
- 16 Blocks
- Instagram widget
- Weather widget
- Exchange widget
- Text with title
We personally respond to all the request that we receive, and we are trying to help everyone.
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Nicu G., Radu, Marius, Alin, Emil G., Alina S., Alina G., Lucian, John, Bogdan, Catalin, Cristi and Simi from tagDiv
Version 4.0 – July 13th, 2017
- new: Challenging you to be more creative and productive, we’ve added the first page builder ever created for blogs, news and magazine websites. Newsmag 4 brings you tagDiv Composer – a lighter, faster and more efficient way to build your site. Ready to be used right on the frontend, easier than ever, seeing every change instantly.
- new: Live frontend LESS and CSS editor. This allows you to quickly add CSS or LESS quick to any page of your site
- new: News Magazine demo
- new: Clear Voice demo
- new: Sound Square demo
- new: Buttons that are available in the format menu
Version 3.3.1 – January 26th, 2017
- fix: We modified the login modal window code to only appear on the page when front page login is enabled. This makes sure that some versions of Chrome browser will not mark the site as “Not Secure”.
Version 3.3 – December 23rd, 2016
- misc: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 5.0.1
- misc: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version
- misc: Full compatibility with WordPress 4.7
- new: The Plugin Page from where a user installs the included plugins was completely redesigned to be more user-friendly.
- new: Added support for block templates overwritten via the Theme API system in demos. All future demos can now load different block templates if needed.
- misc: CSS fixes in the theme panel and the welcome screen
- misc: We finally updated the social icons, and we also removed the icons for dead services (Picasa, Posterous, etc.)
- misc: The Social Networks panel now checks each input to be correct, this prevents user error, and bad URL’s that supposed to go to social networks profiles but instead go to 404 pages on the site
- misc: We removed the max-width from srcset on images and the responsive images on mobile now work as expected
- misc: Translation panel information text
- misc: On Android, when a user uses the mobile search, it will autofocus on the input field now
- fix: Password protected comments now work as expected
- fix: Facebook videos that are in the content of the post now work and resize as expected
- fix: Font panel CSS issues
- fix: The tag Ajax filter now displays the tags in the order of the id’s the user selects. Before it was alphabetically
- fix: Home breadcrumb does not appear as structured data as required by the Google metadata testing tool
- fix: Smartlists that had image captions with HTML where broken. Now we fixed them.
- fix: category sorting options was not working sometimes.
Version 3.2 – October 10th, 2016
- new: added support for design options on most of the blocks. You can now change the padding, margin and border on blocks
- new: added support for retina images on our blocks and modules. You can enable them in the panel.
- misc: various core code refactoring and optimizations.
- misc: better theme documentation and better help text in panel
- misc: added used on for thumbnails in theme panel
- misc: file path and names are now visible on each module, smart list, template etc on hover
- misc: breadcrumbs markup, added BreadcrumbList schema
- fix: our blocks sometimes had issues autoadjuting the column count when placed in a inner row that is in a row
- fix: on first install the Visual Composer tooltip was appearing over our tooltip and there was no way to close the last remaining open tooltip
- fix: wrong recomanded columns in Visual Composer, new users found it dificult to find out on what colum layouts our blocks work best
- fix: background ad on tempalte 8
- fix: top menu hover and background ad cursor fix bugs
- fix: images that have alignnone now work as expected
- fix: main menu was loading without css on first load
- fix: modal login button css
Version 3.1 – July 25th, 2016
UPDATE NOTICE: Please note that this version does not work with legacy Visual Composer versions.
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.12
- new: login, register and forgot password ajax windows, a complete and more modern redesign.
- new: added support for full height rows, column position and content position on them in Visual Composer.
- new: added support for parallax speed on rows
- new: added support for equal height inner rows and content placement
- new: setting to hide the author name on modules and on single posts independently. Previously there was only one global setting.
- new: Added support for custom fonts in theme panel that are uploaded via the wordpress media gallery. The custom fonts can be used just like before on most of the theme’s UI without writing any code
- new: the weather widget now opens an input if it’s unable to locate the user via the browser’s location API.
- misc: we fully rewrote the trending now block, it’s now leaner and it works better
- misc: block parameters now have a better description
- misc: code improvements to the following shortcodes: td_block_big_grid_slide, td_block_homepage_full_1, td_block_ad_box and the video playlists
- misc: the media gallery that is used in the theme panel is now less cluttered and without the unused options
- misc: we cleaned the theme panel and the code is more organized now
- misc: all the blocks now show a notice to admins on the frontend when there are missing settings that are required.
- misc: the main theme loader is smoother now and has small design improvements
- misc: we changed the way templates detect the Visual Composer plugin. The detection method is based on VC_ROW and it only triggers when VC_ROW is found in the content. This allows one to use shortcodes in the default templates that have sidebar + title.
- misc: added font settings for post lists
- misc: drop caps font settings issue fix
- misc: all the advertising blocks now support an ad title
- misc: various google webmaster structured data issues have been fixed
- misc: better support for IE8
- fix: category dropdown list with long category titles now works as expected
Version 3.0 – June 7th, 2016
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update tagDiv Social Counter to the latest version that comes with the theme.
- new: Grid system – with this we eliminate all the # in url bugs
- new: Instagram block and widget
- new: Footer Instagram
- new: Weather block and widget
- new: Weather option in top bar
- new: Exchange block and widget
- new: Mobile menu
- new: Search menu on mobiles
- new: Background support for mobile search and menu with parallax
- new: 1 new footer styles
- new: 5 new category templates
- new: 3 one click demos
- new: 10 Social counter styles
- new: Login/register option for mobiles
- new: Custom post types now support a global sidebar that can be set from the theme panel
- new: Logo in H1 tags
- new: Reset button in theme panel. This will bring the theme to the original state
- new: Panel for one click demos
- new: Enable/disable category pull-down filter option in theme panel
- new: Display order for category tags on post pages option in theme panel
- new: Social Counter – version 4.1 – please update your plugin to the latest version
- new: Whatsapp share for article on mobile devices
- new: 4 new smart lists ( smart list 5, 6, 7 and 8 )
- new: 3 new ad spots used for smart lists ( smart list 6, 7 and 8 )
- new: 1 new ad spot (Footer top)
- new: 4 new top bar layouts
- new: We removed the Smooth scroll option from panel
- new: New look for the main menu sub-menus
- misc: The theme settings are now only saved once per pageload and only if needed. We use the shutdown action to save them.
- misc: Video playlist block now works with multiple playlists of the same type on one page
- misc: We audited all the metadata produced by the theme and we improved every aspect of it
- misc: Updated the google fonts list
- misc: Better seo on smartlists
- misc: The categories that are listed on post pages can now be shown using the WordPress default order. This can be enabled from theme panel.
- misc: We optimized the queries for all the blocks and widgets that don’t show posts (popular categories, social counter etc…)
- fix: Panel got stuck while saving in specific cases, mostly related to categories
- fix: Contributor users cannot change the post template now, this is more in line with WordPress
- fix: Security issues
- fix: Infinite pagination on categories did not work with speed booster
- fix: Removed no comments message with comments disabled
- fix: Infinite loading on categories issue with latest posts when the rest is fewer than the “Blog pages show at most” setting
- fix: Footer logo title attribute
- fix: TinyMCE issues with the shortcodes menu (multiple options where selected in specific cases)
Version 2.3.6 – April 14, 2016
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.11.2
- new: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version 220.127.116.11
- fix: a jQuery syntax issue that appeared after WordPress 4.5 update
Version 2.3.5 – January 9, 2016
- fix: WordPress 4.4.1 homepage pagination issue
Version 2.3.4 – December 23th, 2015
- new: visual composer was updated to the latest version 4.9
- new: revolution slider was updated to the latest version 5.1.5
- fix: modified structured data to comply with Google’s new requirements
- fix: pagination was not working on categories with big grid disabled on WordPress 4.4
Version 2.3.2 – November 30, 2015
- new: social counter version + fix for facebook like counter. Facebook requires now an API key, read more here: http://forum.tagdiv.com/tagdiv-social-counter-tutorial/
Version 2.3.1 – November 12th, 2015
- new: added http channel test status in the system status panel. You can now check if the theme is able to get the tweet count, like count etc from your host.
- misc: added the new google ads sizes to the panel
- fix: sorting bug on custom page loops
- fix: removed unused code from the theme + theme panel. We shipped the weather widget code by mistake. The widget is not ready yet.
- fix: the documentation url for demos was wrong in wp-admin
- fix: error that was showing up in logs when the theme panel was saved
- fix: we updated the ads links to point to the right documentation
The list of modified files | Read more about this update – on our blog
Version 2.3 – November 10th, 2015
- new: each demo now uses a separate css generator for that modifies the appearance of the theme. The theme now generates just the required css to for each demo.
- new: You can now show in all the blocks and widgets site wide popular articles in the last days provided by the Jetpack plugin
- new: Travel demo
- new: the theme now has it’s own logging system. We can now debug hosting issues easier.
- new: a new self diagnosting and self configurating module that allows our theme to pull data from other sites more reliably.
- fix: paragraphs in comments on posts and in wooCommerce now have appropriate spacing
- fix: on post pages if the author box was hidden, the theme was sometimes producing invalid author links
- fix: possible function name collision of our gallery filter. Thanks to @denimology form our forum for this suggestion.
- fix: tabs widget from VC, the shortcode was changed in the latest VC version and it lose the theme style
- fix: non adsense ads can be disabled responsive using the panel options
- fix: g+ new icon
- fix: theme animations where incompatible with some plugins and the visual composer gallery. The animations still worked but all of them looked a bit strange.
- misc: the backend editor style that is used in TinyMCE no longer compiles on demand. We ship a ready compiled css and this makes the editor load faster
- misc: added link to user page on login widget from top menu
- misc: social counter button is clickable on the entire area
- misc: the theme’s data source class can now be overwritten from the child theme
- misc: all the widgets from the theme are now optimized to work better. The widget_builder class is now deprecated and all the functionality was moved to td_block_widget
- misc: the video playlist now downloads the videos metadata on render, not on save post. This allows us to use the playlist on the on click demos.
- misc: the following modules of the theme are loaded on demand now: td_log, td_remote_http, td_remote_video, td_data_source, td_video_support, td_more_article_box, td_page_views, td_review, td_ajax. This means that the theme loads them only when needed. We mesured a 10% faster load time after this tweak.
Version 2.2 – September 1st, 2015
- new: We are using a new LESS compiler for the CSS. This prepares our theme for the next stage, when we will optimize CSS delivery based on settings and components used
- new: This is the first version of our Ajax preloader. The preloader brings the Ajax subcategories on the initial pageload. This provides a better user experience and, in some cases, a better performance if the initial page is cached.
- new: All categories have an option for Infinite Loading + Load More instead of pagination
- new: WooCommerce Invoicing plugin
- new: WooCommerce Label Maker plugin with support for the Dymo label printer
- fix: On the ad block the sidebar ad spot cannot be selected since the last visual composer update
- fix: live ajax search box in specific circumstances was linking to categories instead of the actual search results
- fix: security issue with the ajax code that handles the sidebars.
- fix: issue with ajax subcategories. If you clicked them fast enough there was a chance that they will desynchronized with the content, showing the wrong content.
- fix: the smart sidebar animates better now when it’s used with the smart affix menu
- fix: we added the alt tag to placeholder feature images and the thumb disabled images
- misc: mega menu ajax loading now works smoother and the animation is top to bottom
- misc: infinite loader now has a loading animation
- misc: we improved the loading animation, when needed it’s smaller and it looks better
- misc: revolution slider was updated to the latest version
Version 2.1 – July 30th, 2015
We added 6 new unique Grids to the theme
We added 7 Grid Styles (each grid can use one of the styles). This allows you to make a lot of combinations and make your site unique
Custom Posts Types panel – here you can customize the single for specific custom post types. For example, you can choose what taxonomy to use for breadcrumbs, the category spot, and the tags spot.
Custom taxonomy panel – customize the module used for listings, the sidebar and its position for each taxonomy.
taxonomy.php – all the taxonomy archives are handled by that file
Our new single templates can be easily adapted to custom post types just by copying them to something like single-YourCPT.php
The WooCommerce single template is now a separate file, and it supports site-wide sidebar position + sidebar and per product settings
On Custom Post Types you can now set the sidebar position and sidebar on a per post basis
Better child theme support. The blocks, modules, single template, all WordPress templates, some core components and single loops are now easily overwritten via the child theme
HTML is now allowed in the Author Box on the author page
The Visual Composer plugin was updated to the latest version
This update brings the start of a new system that will load only the required CSS. In this first step, we switched the WooCommerce CSS to the new system, and it’s loaded only when it’s required. With time, as we make sure that the system is stable, we will move all the plugin CSS externally and more
Demo installer error when the Uploads folder doesn’t have the required permissions
Missing border top setting for blocks
Missing Color Preset Setting from the blocks panel
The settings for the loop in the “page builder + loop” template did not work as expected
When selecting a category on the “page builder + loop” template, the pagination was showing a warning
View All Results while searching was returning a page with the two words merged instead of separated
The category page was showing a warning when an ID that does not exist was requested, and a 404 error was generated. The featured filter on category pages was also affected.
All the metadata exposed by the theme was audited, and we fixed all the issues found. The new Google Metadata Testing Tool was updated, and it reported some missing metadata.
fix better new
Version 2.0 – July 8th, 2015
UPDATE NOTICE: If you use the option to show the logo on the sticky menu, please clear the cache. Please update tagDiv Social Counter and Visual Composer plugins to the latest version.
We audited the theme and made significant improvements in speed and memory usage, especially designed for websites with big taxonomies, like a lot of categories or tags.
The blocks, modules, single template, all WordPress templates, some core components and single loops are now easily overwritten via the child theme method
Welcome panel with theme information and introduction
Plugins panel that provides an easier way to install bundled plugins
One click demos that just work. The demos can be imported with or without content
System status tab – the theme now detects common hosting and configuration issues
More options in the Theme Panel for the Logo on Sticky menu settings section
More options in the Theme Panel for Footer color. You can now change the text color, links hover color and widgets header color
We added the General Settings for the modal window. Switch it on, and all the images from posts and pages will have a modal window
tagDiv’s WP Booster API System is the new amazing tool designed to let you customize your theme even more
Custom made background stretching script
Added excerpt option for mega menu posts
Tooltip in the theme panel. We use it to display additional information for complex settings. The goal is to bring the documentation where the settings are.
Added ”.screen-reader-text” class for better usability
The Visual Composer plugin was updated to the latest version
All the page options metaboxes were restyled and grouped into tabs. Now it’s easier than ever to find and modify any option
The helpful tooltip is present for metaboxes too
Better translations for multiple languages. Thanks to all the people who help us translate the theme!
Better compatibility with Visual Composer. Better support for full width, parallax, and colors on rows
Removed the Quotes from shortcodes and added as Formats in TinyMCE for live view
Removed the Dropcaps from shortcodes and added as Formats in TinyMCE for live view
The panel now uses the modern WordPress media upload
The inline ad now works with justified text or other additional classes on the p element
The theme downloads higher resolution images for Vimeo Featured videos
Better smart lists + Yoast Analytics compatibility
The new child theme includes the CSS via enqueue_style instead of @import. This change improves the child theme’s CSS loading time.
Added translation for ‘of’ string
Speed Booster 4.1 works better and automatically detects incompatible plugins
tagDiv Social Counter was updated to the latest version + Instagram Counter fix
The background URL was fixed. Please reset it if you encounter problems
WooCommerce typography space issue
Twitter embed appearance
Block Quote color in accordance with the block title background color
Mega menu long post title breaks sub-categories alignment
IOS slide custom header color not work
fix better new
Version 1.7.2 – June 23rd, 2015
The Visual Composer plugin was updated to the latest version
Grey panel issue on some hosts (the panel was not loading completely)
Version 1.7.1 – April 23rd, 2015
UPDATE DESCRIPTION: This update brings a better compatibility with WordPress 4.2, Youtube V3 API support and also some hot fixes
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update your Social Counter plugin to V 2.10. The plugin was changed to work with YouTube’s API V3
WordPress 4.2 compatibility – in some instances the old version of the theme may lose the settings for specific categories due to this WordPress bug that was fixed in 4.2
Security update – the TGM Plugin Activation class that is recommended by Envato and used by most of the themes here has a security vulnerability that allows a cross-site script execution. We patched it in this version. Read more here and here
The Visual Composer plugin was updated to the latest version. It fixes a small issue with WordPress 4.2
Option to disable the image Lazy Loading animation
Option to disable the smooth scroll on browsers that do not have smooth scrolling support
The Lazy Loading animation waits a predefined time until it shows all the images. This prevents situations when a missing image prevented all the other images to appear
Better Pagination system (sometimes it was adding ”…” between consecutive numbers)
Trending Now block is now animated and looks great
General animation tweaks (subcategories, lazy loading, load more)
The theme and the Social Counter now use YouTube API V3
The Featured video works with https hosts
The comment list is now visible even when the comments are closed (the same behavior as the default WordPress themes)
https for video format posts
Video playlist on https sites
Load More button now fades out when there are no more posts to display
Issue with title of post text encoding
The Block 14 is displayed properly when used after Block 11
The background ad URL field from our panel was not working accordingly
Vimeo video player shortcode works as expected
fix better new
Version 1.7 – March 20th, 2015
Animation stack – all the theme’s animations are now faster
Custom made Lazy Loading effect on images. We took the time to create the best Lazy Loading effect from scratch. All the scripts are custom made and designed to work as fast as possible with our themes.
Two additional ad spots
All the pages pass the new Google metadata validation tool
Better custom ads support in the panel
Better Excerpts panel with more information
We moved the ‘Disable comments on pages’ setting to the Page template section
On category pages the theme only gets child categories for the top level ones. Otherwise, it will show the siblings
We refactored the Live Ajax Search Box to provide a better user experience. It is now prepared for major improvements
Better scrolling experience on Google Chrome
The Visual Composer plugin was updated to the latest version
RSS + excerpts issue solved. When WordPress was set to show RSS excerpts, it was displaying only 4 words
Android Chrome CSS issues (the small font icons were not aligned properly)
fix better new
Version 1.6 – February 26th, 2015
If Post Style 6 is enabled, the background color on the site disappears
The two strings that were not properly translated
Arrow list shortcode
Issue with page template options on the sites that didn’t use the English language
Featured image placeholders now work again as expected
Hide and show category label panel settings
Search icon click on affix was going back to top
Excerpt not working for Trending Now
Excerpt missing for mega menu title
Links that contained only #_and_something did not work
https issue on the backend. The TinyMCE font was loaded via HTTP
Aspect ratio for Vimeo videos
Better Top Bar settings
Social icons moved in their own panel in the backend
Better Footer panel with better text and organization
Better WooCommerce 2.3 compatibility
Faster category page, the system that pulls the subcategories uses two fewer queries
Removed width of the top bar for better spacing
Removed the texture from parallax templates (to prevent flickering)
Footer template system
Category template system + category Top Post style template. Currently, we do not deliver any new templates, but this system paves the way for easy user customizations via plugins, and it also allows us to add new styles.
When subcategories don’t fit in the category page, the theme will make a drop down with the excess categories
RGBA color picker in the theme panel. You can now use colors with alpha blending (transparency) on all the elements of the theme that support colors
fix better new